01 March 2017
Yorkshire Wildlife Park
Members: £199.00 excl. VAT
Please note this is a three day course, attendance at all three sessions is required: 1st, 15th and 29th March.
A new way to boost the leadership of small businesses.
The ‘Leadership & Entrepreneurship Academy Doncaster’ is a leadership and management development programme designed specifically to address the needs of Doncaster’s small businesses to help local firms grow.
Doncaster’s leading providers of business support are working together to help your business grow; Doncaster Council, Doncaster Chamber, Beta Technology and The Consultancy Academy. The programme is a ‘best of all worlds’ model based on decades of collective learning and experience. We take academic theory and make it relevant to your business, helping you identify strategies for sustainable growth. The project encourages peer-to-peer learning and support by bringing together individuals from a range of sectors. You can share your experiences, aspirations and concerns. Whatever challenges your business is facing, this programme will enable you to identify the issues you need to address and to tackle them effectively.
The benefits to you:
• Develop yourself as an entrepreneur and a leader
• Develop competencies in critical thinking, leadership and change management
• Create a personal toolkit to help structure your future thinking
• Time to step back from the business and with expert guidance make a change in behaviour
The benefits to your business:
• Objective evaluation and analysis from a team of proven entrepreneurs and experienced experts
• Hands-on, practical advice and support to address your specific needs
• Practical guidance on how to effectively implement changes to achieve growth
• You will create a measureable plan to implement
Why is this programme for you?
• You are an SME business owner, manager orentrepreneur who wants to drive change and make decisions
• You want to develop your leadership and strategic management skills
• You want to share experiences with experts
Why is this course different?
• Because it’s delivered by proven practitioners with experience of business ownership
What previous delegates have said:
“It was good to network with other businesses and listen to their challenges and opportunities which were very similar to mine...it gave me the confidence to know that I was doing some right things but also the changes required that had already successfully been adopted by other businesses”.
“I found it invaluable...it enabled me to step outside my business, evaluate where we are now and look at what we want to achieve in the future.”
“It’s given me an insight into myself, my leadership skills and the tools to implement change, create a measurable business plan and implement them successfully.”
The programme structure:
Training is based on a group consultation process, rather than on traditional ways of learning as follows;
Day 1 - Wednesday 1st March 2017
Critically analysing your own organisation, the market it does or can operate in, and starting to analyse yourself to assess how effective you are in terms of your interpersonal skills and behaviours.
Day 2 - Wednesday 15th March 2017
Looking at what your market place needs today and is likely to need in the future and assessing how well placed you are to meet these needs and what gaps need filling.
Exploring your own personality and way of working, i.e. how you take in information, make decisions and what impact this has on your success.
Day 3 - Wednesday 29th March 2017
Understanding the key ingredients of “leadership” skills and techniques to improve the chances of success for any changes or interventions that you need to make. Formulate a meaningful, quantified and measured plan, which will be tested and challenged in a “safe environment”
Dates and cost
Delegates are required to attend all three sessions of the programme 10am - 4pm on 1st, 15th March & 29th March
£199 +VAT - Reduced rate if book by 17th February 2017
£299 +VAT - Regular rate
Places are limited - for more information please contact either;
Mark Smith at Doncaster Chamber T: 01302 640130 firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Edwards at Beta Technology T: 01302 322633 email@example.com