International Trade Operations and Procedures (ITOPS)
08 November 2018
9:30am - 4:30pm
Members: £1,499.00 excl. VAT
Non Members: £2,140.00 excl VAT
THIS IS A 4 DAY WORKSHOP - November Workshop Dates – 08/11/2018, 21/11/2018, 04/12/2018 & 18/12/2018
ITOPS is a recognised International Trade Qualification covering the main elements of import/export administration. The course runs over four separate workshops, followed by an assessment. Now BCC Accredited, successful candidates will receive the BCC Foundation Award in International Trade.
This practical and relevant qualification is designed to prove that candidates have the necessary skills to accurately operate the administration procedures in an international trade administration environment.
The four training workshops covering the main elements of operations in international trade are:
- Administration Procedures
- Export Documentation
- Customs and Excise and other legal Requirements
- Export Payments
- Dispatch and Shipping
Candidates will have the possibility of airport visits, container ship visits and placement with a freight forwarder. All are considered as very important in developing knowledge and skills
- ITOPS is a practical “work-based” qualification that has been achieved by several hundred exporters, importers, freight forwarders and those in related industries
- It is a qualification based over four workshops, about a fortnight apart – with completion in approximately four months
- It is a development programme designed to give those working in exports (and imports) the skills and knowledge necessary to be able to operate effectively and cost effectively.
- It covers the main areas of knowledge required by international trade administrators to achieve success – including the areas of:- administration, documentation, finance, moving goods and legal requirements
- Candidates achieve the award by undertaking a formal assessment where they provide a portfolio of evidence to confirm they have workplace skills – and that provides proof of skills development and knowledge in areas they would not normally cover in their job. This formal assessment is NOT an examination.
- Preparing for Export
- Incoterms® 2010
- The commodity code
- Proving origin – at export
- The Commercial documents
- Payment Considerations
- Moving goods – packing and marking considerations, cargo measuring, selection criteria for freight forwarders
- Airfreight, seafreight and road haulage considerations
- Transport documentation – airfreight security, SSNs and DGNs
- Customs’ and Legal – Intrastat, export entries, export licensing
- Incoterms – the current (2010) F terms
- Payment – cash with order considerations
- The importance of accurate cargo measurements
- Packing and marking considerations
- The Freight Forwarding Industry
- Moving Goods – freight accounting and freight charging, Insuring the cargo.
- Transport documentation – the proof of export documents – bills of lading, certificates of shipment, CMR notes and airway bills
- Incoterms – the current C terms
- Finance – Claiming cargo insurance and documentary collections
- Customs’ and Legal – ISPM15, Pre-shipment inspection, proof of export required by HMRC
- Incoterms – the D terms
- Payment – Letters of Credit
- Customs’ and Legal Requirements– temporary import and export procedures
- Import considerations, Paying duties and Duty deferment, Bonded facility.
- Legally avoiding duty using I.P.R. O.P.R and ATA Carnets.
Successful candidates will be awarded the BCC Accredited ITOPS Qualification, learning how to avoid costly mistakes and improve their international trade procedures – previous delegates have saved their employers thousands of pounds. This course is suitable for anyone employed in an international trade environment – whether that of a manufacturer/supplier or freight forwarder.
The price includes training for four workshops, course folders and printed notes, full trainer support during the course of the programme, final assessment day, portfolio assessment and verification.
Please note: Lunch will be provided and free parking is available on site.
Click here to view the Terms and Conditions of Booking
Share this page
If you believe someone you know may benefit from the information on this page, please feel free to share it by clicking on the share links below.